Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Black Apple Dolls

A friend of mine introduced me to these dolls, and since I've been wanting to make dolls for my girls, I had to give them a try. The template and instructions are found on Martha Stewart, and you can see various styles and such on the Black Apple website.



I thought they were pretty easy to make, especially since I have so many calico prints to use from various quilting projects. I just had to pick up some muslin and felt. It probably took me 90 minutes to make one doll. I've been thinking that if I were crazy, it would be fun to make enough dolls to decorate a Christmas tree with. We'll see how crafty I'm feeling!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

SOOOOO cute!!! And way less demented than the bears we made in high school while watching conference.

I want to make one for Kendall. She'd LOVE to help me make a doll that looked like her.

Kirsten said...

SOOOOO cute!!! And way less demented than the bears we made in high school while watching conference.

I want to make one for Kendall. She'd LOVE to help me make a doll that looked like her.

Robyn said...

Did we make bears? I remember making scary voodoo dolls to scare off irksome boys, but I don't remember bears.

The Gomes Family said...

I remember the Voo Doo dolls, you got angry that I was upset that you guys made Voo Doo dolls. I love these Black apple dolls!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Darling dolls!! I'll have to make three for all my cute little girls. They will love them. I'll have to post a fun how to on doll pillows, with pillow cases & quilt. Girls are so fun, thanks for sharing!