Friday, March 13, 2009

Pancakes

These pancakes are easy and really yummy. I think I'll make them for breakfast tomorrow. I love to eat my pancakes with peanut butter and syrup on top. If you've never tried it, you should.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

5 comments:

Grammy A said...

I like thin pancakes. I would take my mom's batter (Bisquick) and after she was done making them for that breakfast, she would cover the batter pitcher with cellophane and put it in the fridge. If I was first up the next morning, I would thin down the batter quite a bit, until it was runny. The result were cakes that were almost like crepes. MMMM good. Maple syrup
or butter and sugar and cinnamon..
John

Ariel said...

Just the excuse I need to make a big batch....Justin is gone again, so I can pig out with no remorse :)

Grammy A said...

I know Katy has eaten her pancakes like that for awhile, but I had forgotten. When I was in Elk Grove helping Stephanie before the babies came... I started eating my Eggos like Sevrie. She eats them with peanut butter and syrup, too! That sounds SO good right now!
mom

Robyn said...

I'm with John. I like my pancakes thin. Less pancake and more topping!

Kirsten said...

I don't like them thin, I like them thick with butter and cin. and sugar. Although I very much would rather have french toast with syrup. Kendall LOVES pancakes and so we have them all the time. I've wanted to make them from scratch but don't have a recipe- until now! Thanks!!