Friday, May 15, 2009

Really, are you sure?

OK here it goes, this a vent about myself.....
so after a long day of not showering, trying to clean my house, taking a nap and then a trip to the grocery store, I was waiting in line at "the Walmart", as my nephew says, in the pharmacy department to get some allergy medicine... yes I had allergies too that day, and the line was taking for-ev-er. I was getting super impatient, and started just looking around and getting irritated that only one register was open. Then, it became my turn, YEAH!!, and of course the medicine I needed had to be put in by a pharmacist, of course, anyways, so here I am, ready to scream..... and then the lady next to me says " excuse me, you have the best complexion". I think I said thank you, but I was TOO in shock to even blink.... I convinced myself she had to be joking... I mean here I am having a normal day with no makeup and hair slapped in a pony( a very small one) and she had the nerve to compliment me... yeah right....
So here's my vent:
why couldn't I have just taken the compliment and honestly say "thanks!!" and then possibly say something nice back? Why did I get defensive and convince myself she was insane?

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I think your reaction is so normal for most women. Generally speaking I think we're very hard on ourselves. We're quick to find faults and slow to see all the good things.

The Gomes Family said...

I think it is hard for any of us to take or accept a compliment, let alone after standing in line at Walmart pharmacy, any line at Walmart sucks, too long, to many people in the area to many kids running into your cart.

Stephanie said...

Walmart can make you do crazy things!