Saturday, October 11, 2008

Tooth Fairy???

My daughter lost another tooth today. She put it under her pillow with a letter to the tooth fairy asking very politely for a picture of her. She explained that her friend at school doesn't believe in tooth fairies,Santa Claus or the Easter bunny. Sp she wants a picture to show her. Yeah, what do I do here? I hate to ruin childhood innocence, but do I need to tell her the truth? I seriously thought about finding a picture of someone in a fairy costume under her pillow, but that seems a little too much to me. Well, I guess asking for advice on this at 11:30 at night doesn't help when I'll have to do something by morning. Oh well. What would you do?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

It's probably too late... but I found a cute website with Q's and you could share that with her. This is a hard one. My little ones haven't lost one yet so I haven't had to deal with this yet. Good luck!
http://www.toothfairyland.com/TFLwrite.html

D and J Larson said...

my brother in law actually gets random pictures of the "tooth fairy" on the internet. his eight year old boy had like a scary tribe leader as his. It's really quite funny and there will not be anyone out there that has the same tooth fairy

The Gomes Family said...

I think it is harmless. I think it is okay to make believe and let them feel like it is okay, that loosing teeth is fun (and necessary) it is not a scary thing at all. So hence the Tooth Fairy. I was raised believing it until I became old enough to grasp that it was all make believe but I loved watching my younger siblings get so excited at christmas and at every tooth that came out. I think that the friend has religious reasons not to believe in these traditions? I think it really comes down to your comfort level with the matter.