Saturday, October 4, 2008

A fun conference weekend idea

6 months ago my friend posted this on her blog and I loved it. We are doing it tonight.

"The King Benjamin Tent...
In one of my institute classes, I learned that a fun way to get children excited for conference is to read in the Book of Mormon about King Benjamin's address to his people. We explain that the people came from far and wide to listen to their prophet and leader at that time and pitched their tents with the door toward the prophet. So we reinact this idea by putting up a tent, and if room permits, face it towards the TV for conference. Talon LOVES this. He looks forward to it and we let him sleep in the tent those two nights of conference. It's so much fun. Whoever thought of the idea was very inspired."

I thought I'd share the idea with all of you and see if anyone else has some ideas about how to help kids listen to conference.

2 comments:

Grammy A said...

I think that is a GREAT idea!

Robyn said...

A tent for the kids? I think I'd like one for myself! Conference is hard...