Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Paper crafts

I think paper crafts can be very cool. My favorite part of my Real Simple magazine are the section intros that have a picture made out of paper.

I checked this book out from the library today and it's awesome! I tried to make the tiny gift box and it turned out pretty good for doing it with kid scissors and dealing with a crazy toddler clawing at my legs. It looks like a tiny doughnut box because it's pink but that's okay, it was still cute. I'm excited to make holiday decorations from here. They seem easy enough for Kendall to help with and they're very cute. Clean and not too country which is how I prefer my crafts.

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-All-Seasons-Projects-Presents/dp/0823038920/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221099518&sr=8-2

3 comments:

Katy said...

I like the mini doughnut box look. So cute. Did you find any new ornaments to try?

Kirsten said...

A few. There's a paper angel I'm going to make for the top of our tree. I'm going to make a craft binder with copies from books like this one. This book has good Christmas decorations that I'm planning to do this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Candlelit-Christmas-Decorating-Candles-Holiday/dp/1584792949/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221236609&sr=8-4

knitaholic310 said...

So cool! I love paper crafts. Robert Sabuda makes AWESOME pop-up books. If you can get your hands on his Alice in Wonderland one you will be amazed. My Young Adult fiction professor brought it to class and we were all oohing and ahhing. I too LURV Real Simple magazine. I think I will order it from Emma or Aidan for their school fundraiser. I think you get 12 issues for $20 which seems like a good deal. The paper art in real simple is truly amazing. All you need are some tiny donuts for the box, so cute!