Friday, April 25, 2008

3 Dresses for $3, I'm Not Kidding!




So I was at Old Navy yesterday returning some pants that I thought were cute and Collin said were ugly and I saw these dresses for 97 cents each. They come in black, red and a really pretty brown. The brown is definitely my favorite. I think I could wear it as a top with some skinny ankle jeans, but I am not brave/bold enough to buy any yet. Collin hates the red one, but said it would make a great Mrs. Claus costume. The black one can be my little black dress or maybe I could wear it with leggings. Did I mention these are made out of stretch velvet? So they are best worn in winter than anything other season. I happen to have shoes to match each dress. The red one goes with shoes from Kirsten's wedding, I never thought I would get a chance to wear them again since I was six months pregnant in the skirt they go with.

If you are wondering why my legs look a little scary muscular it is because I am training for the Lewisburg triathlon. Two of my friends are on a team with me, they are doing the running and swimming portions. Since I am doing the bike leg of the race I have been riding 10 miles a day pulling Ian on a tagalong to preschool. It is great exercise. I think next year I will try to go solo, but I will have to take some swimming lessons first.

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Gosh I love when I find good deals like that! Good job. And I did notice the muscley calves, although I didn't think they were scary, I thought they looked great!I hate riding bikes. My butt's too big for the seat and it's crazy uncomfortable.

Grammy A said...

Tara, when is the triathlon? I think that's awesome! Races are fun! You get the t-shirts, the bagels and muffins, drinks, and the comraderie of other people!

Mical said...

.97 cents huh. That sure beats the $170 I just spent on a dress for my brothers wedding. ugh.

I too noticed the muscular calves. Nice work! Are triathalons the "new thing" to do?? I have so many friends recently that have either just done one or are training for one. I think that is great!! You will have to post about how it went when you do it.

Stephanie said...

Good for you Tara!!!!! And your legs look great!! I think I might just have to go to Old Navy and buy some of those there dresses! Although I'm sure they'll be gone by now!! Lucky (as Napoleon Dynamite says it)!

knitaholic310 said...

The Lewisburg Triathlon is August 16th. Today I am going to ride in the Bike for Bob event. You can pick 10 or 25 miles. I am going to do 10 miles this time. It is in memory of an opthamologist who was an avid cycler, but died because he was hit by a car while cycling home from work. The money ($20) to ride goes towards building cycling and running paths here in Lewsiburg. One of my friends that is doing the triathlon with me teaches a weights class at the Bucknell gym and is in crazy good shape. She is inspiring. My other friend who is doing the running portion of the triathlon recently had a baby and is trying to get the weight off. We are in the same ward together and scrapbook once a week also. I don't know if triathlons are the new thing to do, but I am doing one because I wanted to give myself a challenge that would ensure that I would train and workout consistently. When you sign up for a race you make darn sure that you are ready for it when the time comes. I think my real challenge is eating right. I love me some junk food, but if I want to get in shape I need to cut back on it. My brain knows this, but my body is having a hard time accepting it.

Grammy A said...

I love me some junk food too, Tara! It's a good thing I have reflux now, or I'd be a junk food junkie! I actually wish I DIDN'T have reflux, but it has been the only thing to make me eat better. I never had willpower before, but I have to now. Oh well.