Friday, August 22, 2008

Enrichment Ideas

So I am the new Enrichment Supervisor in my ward. I am excited about it from the learning and crafts side, but a little daunted by the spiritual stuff. Can everyone please share some ideas of Enrichment meetings they have attended that had cool spiritual themes? I have the entire year to plan coming up, no committee yet and an Enrichment counselor who has a very slow and indirect way of doing things (completely opposite from me).

Our next activity is RS Broadcast and I thought it would be fun and easier to do a potluck fancy dessert with another ward since we will both be in the building at the same time and since here the Broadcast starts at 8 pm.

Also, if you have any cute and cheap Christmas gift ideas to pass along that would be great. So far we are doing cookie mixes in jars, painted wooden signs with vinyl lettering (love at home, etc.,) and hair bows.


2 comments:

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

One of my favorite enrichment topics that is both spiritual and crafty is learning about the importance of journal keeping...and how we are commanded to make a record of our lives. I don't know all the scriptures but there are quite a lot of them & talks from prophets. Then you can discuss different ways like scrapbooking, jot on a calander, blogging, Holiday family journal (write traditions you do), writing once a month on fast sunday, or weekly.

Katy said...

I was on the enrichment committee for a while and I remember two of the activities we did. One of them was for the Relief Society birthday celebration. We had a few ladies dress up and pretend to be different sisters from the past that had an impact on the Relief Society and one lady was interviewing them. They all really got into their characters and it was fun. We also had an activity on family meal time. We had someone from BYU speak about the importance and benefits of family meal time. We had someone demonstrate a few quick meal ideas (cooking show format) and my dad helped me put together a video showing several families in the ward during their dinner together. It was definitely a successful activity.