Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Banoffee Waffle

I think this would make a nice Father's Day breakfast treat if anyone wants to try it. We lived in Cambridge, UK two years ago and it was one of my favorite treats. We would eat them at the Coton Orchard near our kids' school. You can leave out the Heath bits and mini chips or sprinkle them on top of the finished product. I took the easy way by using Bisquik for the waffles, but when you have little kids you kind of have to take all the short cuts that come your way. These are pretty fantastically fatty and rich so I can only eat about 1 and a half before I start to feel sick. But they taste so yummy . . . it is totally worth it. I think this can be a breakfast or a dessert.

Here is my version of:

Banoffee Waffles

waffle batter made using recipe on Bisquik box, add 1T sugar and 1T lemon juice to batter
bananas, sliced
whipped cream whipped with 1 T sugar and a drop of vanilla
Heath bits
mini chocolate chips
Smucker's Caramel ice cream topping
Hershey's syrup
chocolate bar 

Pour about 1/3 c batter in hot waffle iron, sprinkle sparingly with Heath bits and mini chocolate chips. Cook waffle for about 5 minutes or however long it takes for a crispy exterior and soft interior. Top immediately with whipped cream followed by bananas. Drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate syrup. Shave a little chocolate over the top with a microplane grater. You're welcome;)


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aaron just walked in while I was reading my blogs and I asked him if this looked good. He said, "Yah...that looks bomb!" So I'm going to make it for him for Father's day. Thanks for the recipe!

The Gomes Family said...

This looks divine, a moment on my lips, a life time on MY hips!

Thomas Family said...

I went to the store and bought everything to make these for Father's Day breakfast (thanks for the suggestion) and then my husband said he'd rather have bacon and eggs this morning. WHAT!?!? Okay- it is Father's Day so I made him what he wanted, but seriously!?! I think he's crazy.

knitaholic310 said...

He IS crazy! Make them anyway for you and the kids for a yummy dessert. I was going to make Dutch Babie with berry compote for Father's Day breakfast (since I made banoffee waffles the other night for dinner) and then MY husband said he would rather have eggs and toast so I feel you.