Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baby Food

I've always wanted to make my own baby food, but never got around to it. I might give it a try with one of these.

They have them at Williams-Sonoma and here is what they say about it.

Beaba Babycook
The French baby-food maker that has won praise throughout Europe is finally available to American families. This compact countertop appliance multitasks as a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster to prepare fresh, healthy meals for baby. It starts by steam cooking vegetables, fruits, meat and fish in less than 15 minutes, preserving their vitamins and flavors, then purees or blends them to the desired consistency. You can also use it to quickly reheat or defrost precooked foods. With it comes a 2 1/2-cup plastic bowl, cooking basket, spatula and recipe booklet. The bowl and basket are dishwasher safe. 11" x 5 1/2" x 8" high.

5 comments:

The Gomes Family said...

I wonder if you could find one on Ebay for less than the asking 140.00. I want one but can't afford the bill 140.00 right now. I love the idea! I tried my own baby food and gave up and stuck her on big people food. I made oatmeal for her. My friend Rebecca makes her own strawberry applesauce and all sorts of good things for her son. He is a healthy 28 pounds for a 1 year old!

Stephanie said...

That's really cool. It doesn't look too big so I'm sure it would be easy to store.

amber said...

my mom's friends always made their own baby food with a food processor. They say it is so easy, this looks like a more high-tech version. Tell me how it works out if you try it.

D and J Larson said...

I've always made my baby food but I use a blender that is magical! Blend Tec is my friend. the blender that jamba jucie and starbuck use. I would invest in that cause later on you wont have a reason for the babycook. you should watch some youtube videos of the blender. it is crazy what it can blend ( type -will it blend)
And.... when you want to freeze the extra baby food you will need a silicone mini muffin pan. it's so easy to pop out after being frozen. I vote blend tec. it is more expensive but you will have it for a lot longer.
but thats my opinion.

Jamie said...

I made my babies food and did it in the old fashion blender and put them in ice cube trays - works wonderfully!

But I would always steam the veggies in the steamer but this thing is super cool because it steams it for you! I don't know if I would have spent 140 on it -but I like the 2 in one idea!

Have fun! I loved making it! Now I noticed in the store a mom is marketing the frozen cubes in the frozen section! Cool huh? Wish I would have done that!