Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Amber "McKinney" Beck




Howdy, I was instructed to intro myself so here it goes.




I am Katy's cousin. I grew up in Sacramento. I went to BYU and lived with Kirsten, Katy and Tara (sort of). I could tell some stories about those times, but I will save that for a different post. I will label it : "Remember the time when...." j/k





Any who, I'm not good with the telling about myself so I will make it easy.

Name: Amber
Married: yes How long: 7yrs Where: Oakland, Ca
Age: old
Residence: Lincoln, CA (Sac)
Education: BYU Degree:BS Marriage, Family and Human Development
Employment: temporarily retired (1yr) Former employment: Management sales (8ish yrs)
Children: yes, please Quantity: 2 (for now) Genders: male Age: 5 & 3 years
Activites: potty training Hobbies: landscape and entertaining Guilty pleasures: shoes, eyeshadow and swimwear Favorites: T.V.- "So you think you can dance", LOST and the Office Food-Mexican and BBQ Games- Rockband, Ticket to Ride and Settlers
Hopes: To survive more child births Dreams: Get my food storage complete
Pet peeves: movies where animals talk, when my child insists on wearing Halloween pjs 24/7/365 and Twilight (sorry). Favorite Quote: "It is what it is.."

That's it. Thanks (Katy) for the invite.


Weston (yes, he has red hair) Joshua (his father's clone)

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Yey! Hi Amber. Good intro and I love the pictures. Now we need Heather's. I'm saving up money for my food storage right now. I'm going to have a garage sale in about a month and use any money I earn towards it. I'm glad you're on here, I enjoy your blog and it'll be fun to "talk".

amber said...

Oh,I want to use the "stimulus" check from the gov to help me get caught up. Jordan wants a mountain bike, that's not gonna happen. I've emailed your mom for help with my food storage questions. I figured she would have the inside Utah scoop. I check your blog all the time, love the pics. This will be fun to stay in touch more.

knitaholic310 said...

I love that first picture of you, really beautiful. How well I remember those days of old at Windsor Park. It was almost like a long old sleepover, except that I had a husband and a baby and I didn't actually sleep over. I loved your intro, fun and different. And I love red hair!

amber said...

Tara, What is with the 310? My picture was the most recent from a BBQ party last week. I had to crop my friend out(so sad). I thought I looked kind of "mommy-like" with the apron and everything. Oh, I just figured out the 310 duh?.

knitaholic310 said...

You do look mommy-like, but sexy too. Duh, didn't you know the 310 was in celebration of your wedding anniversary, oh yes and also my birthday?

The Gomes Family said...

Welcome!

Stephanie said...

Hi Amber! Very nice introduction! I'm glad you're now a part of this fabulous blog. By the way, are you guys coming to the bbq Sat.?

amber said...

I am with the boys for sure. Jordan and I have to speak in church on Sunday, so he might be writing his talk. He has work and then the Father and Son's campout and so he might be writing it that evening. He says that, but he always ends up doing what is more fun.

Stephanie said...

Good! Looking forward to seeing you then!