Friday, May 30, 2008

Best gift

One of my gifts from Dave for Mother's Day was a professional house cleaning to be used whenever I wanted it. It's been a crappy week for my family with all of us, except Kendall, getting sick and being miserable. I got hit with a double whammy of a cold and a stomach flu and I had to clean up after and comfort a baby who got the stomach bug bad. Needless to say the house and chores suffered. So I cashed in on my gift today and I am so happy. My house looks fantastic and smells so nice and I have the whole weekend ahead with no chores hanging over my head. They cleaned everything! I'm finally feeling better so we're going to do something, ANYTHING, tomorrow so I can finally get out of the house and join the general population again. I think we're going to have our house cleaned like this every few months, it was SOOO worth it. I'm so glad this week is over.

And I lost 5 pounds from being sick and eating cereal for days. Good friday.

6 comments:

Katy said...

That's awesome! Hope you guys have a fun Saturday.

Robyn said...

It has recently crossed my mind that it is possible for someone else to clean my house. Why have I never thought of this before? I would LOVE for someone else to scrub my toilet for me. In fact, if someone would come to my house weekly and clean, I'd be really happy. Here's the question, though: How do they know where stuff goes? Like, say they do the dishes. How do they know where to put the cheese grater? And do they fold clothes? What are their limits? And what does this kind of thing cost?

Kirsten said...

They didn't do dishes or laundry but they did pretty much everything else. The vacuumed the whole house and mopped all moppable floors. They scrubbed all the sinks, toilets, tubs, and showers. They dusted everything. They dusted all the blinds, they cleaned all the handprints off of mirrors and glass, they straightened Gage's room which was a disaster, they made the beds that weren't made. The cleaned everything. They cleaned everything on the counters everywhere, it was awesome. Seriously awesome. And they were there for about 2 hours and it was 95 dollars. SOOOOOOOOOO worth it to me. We're going to do it every few months as a spring cleaning type thing. I highly recommend giving yourself the break.

Robyn said...

That's actually pretty cheap! I think I'm going to mention this to Darrell. My house could've used a good scrubbing even before we moved in! Now the house is begging for it even more. Too bad about the dishes and laundry, though.

The Gomes Family said...

My friend Julie pays 125 dollars for a lady to come to her house, watch after the kids when she is working from home, she does dishes, laundry, dusts, mops,and vacuums. She is like the perfect helper. I wish I had that money to throw around. I count my blessing every day that my house isn't big so it is relatively easy to clean.

The Gomes Family said...

That was for a week 125 a week?