Monday, March 10, 2008

April's Breakfast Casserole

Our mom has been making this for years and now it is one of my family's favorites. On Christmas morning I made this casserole and some Monkey Bread (Kirsten, maybe you could post that recipe...Yummy!) and everyone loved it. If anyone is making Easter brunch, this would be great!

Breakfast Casserole

1 stick butter
10 eggs
1 lb. Cheese (Jack or Cheddar)
1 pt. Cottage cheese
1 small can diced green chilies
2 c. diced ham
1 t. baking powder
1/4 c. flour
Salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients with beaters. Pour into 9x13 pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

You can also mix everything up and put it in the dish the night before and bake it in the morning.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

YUM! This is seriously the best, and it's good leftover which is saying something cause I rarely like leftovers.

When I saw the title I thought Mom posted and thought, Good job! I know you don't like to post Mom. Then I laughed when I saw it was Katy.

Stephanie said...

I TOO make this all the time. Everyone just loves it and it's SOOOOOO easy, and very good. Kirst, post the Monkey Bread recipe. I have to try it just cause the name.

knitaholic310 said...

I hate meat and I still love this casserole!

Mical said...

This sounds good, I will have to try it!