Thursday, March 20, 2008

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

Now I know I am being a bit wheatfull, but we actually eat the stuff I have posted. This banana bread is really good, just ask Katy, Justin and Ollie. The top of it comes out almost candy-like. I think you could probably cut the butter in half, but it might not come out as crunchy on top.

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

1 c banana
1/2 c sour cream or plain yogurt
1 t vanilla

Mash together in a bowl or blend to make smooth.

1 1/2 c sifted wheat flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt

Mix together in a separate bowl.

Cream together:
1 c sugar
1/2 c butter
2 eggs

Now put all three mixtures together and fold until just moistened. Bake in a loaf pan at 325 F for 40-50 minutes.

1 comment:

Grammy A said...

I used to have a good whole wheat banana bread recipe made with yogurt (for less oil), but I misplaced it, so I'm glad to try this recipe!