Thursday, March 20, 2008

Toffee Grahams

I was in the mood for something sweet yesterday but didn't want to go to any big trouble to make anything. And I didn't have any popcorn to make Robyn's peanut butter popcorn which is what I wanted. So, I made the easiest treat I could think of.
Toffee Grahams:
Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350. Break two packs of graham crackers in half and line pan with the squares. Boil together one cup brown sugar with one cup butter for two minutes. Pour over graham crackers and bake for 10 minutes. Once the start to cool separate each square and remove from pan to finish cooling. So stinkin good.

6 comments:

Grammy A said...

Kirst, is this the recipe that Marci (I forget her name. She barfed on our car on the way to the backpacking trip) gave us when we lived in Modesto?

Kirsten said...

Yes! Marci Livingston. I was thinking of her when I was making them wondering what became of her and wishing I'd been nicer to her.

Robyn said...

Ah! I knew I had had these before but I couldn't remember where. Mmm. So good. I don't have any graham crackers at my house, but I bet I could pour the butter and sugar over anything and it would be good. I've got some vanilla wafers I should try.

Kirsten said...

It's also really good over saltines. Only I like to put chocolate on top of that. It's so good, the whole salty and sweet thing going on.

Grammy A said...

I thought of the saltines, too Kirst. Does Paula Deen have a recipe for this using saltines?

Kirsten said...

Yeah she calls it pine bark and it's yummy.