Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Baby Shower Ideas

I'm throwing my really good friend a baby shower and my colors are blue and brown.  Other then the obvious balloons and utensils, how can I make it more baby appropriate, yet chic.  I probably won't do balloons though, I just don't think there're that nice.  With the help of her sisters, we already have food and games planned.  I just need some decorating ideas since it IS at my house. I have a couple things already planned but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you all for some more ideas and advice.  I'm sure you all have been to your fair share of baby showers:-)

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

go to marthastewart.com She's the queen and there are SO many ideas there. You can type in baby shower or blue and brown into the search and it'll give you tons to look at.

Stephanie said...

Thanks. I'm going to do that right now.

Thomas Family said...

Have you ever made a diaper cake? They are SO freakin' cute! They make a great center piece and it can double as your gift. You can probably find instructions online at http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Cake
and see pictures to get ideas at http://www.lilbabycakes.com/babycakes.htm

or just do a google search for diaper cake. There are some really fun things you can do with them.

Stephanie said...

That is a great and artistic idea. Fortunately for me, her sister is in charge of the dessert aspect. Thanks for the advice though. I'll keep that in mind for the next shower I throw....hopefully it won't be too soon though:-)

Thomas Family said...

Oh- sorry! It's not an edible cake. I didn't mention that, did I? It's a cake made of diapers. It's really cute. Check out the websites I posted. You'll love it. They are so fun to make.

Katy said...

So, how did the baby shower go?

Stephanie said...

It went very well. Everyone thought the food was really yummy. Thanks for asking!