Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tutu cute







My mom and I were walking past a little kids' boutique booth at the mall and they were selling little girl and baby tutus. We looked at them closely and both thought- "I could do that!" And for cheaper than the 25 dollars they were charging too. So after a couple internet searches and trips to Joann's here is a tutu I made for one of Kendall's friends. I'm going to make one for Kendall that is pink and brown for her to wear on Easter.

You just get a piece of elastic in the length you want and sew the ends together. Cut the tulle, you need 4-6 yards-this one is with 4, into 2 inch wide stripes that are twice as long as you want the skirt to be. In layers of two or three, depending on how poofy you want it- mine is layers of three, you tie them on. Here are a couple pictures. Too easy and too cute!

Here's a site that explains it better than me.

http://www.gophotography.com/tutu/

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Oooh! Thank you for the site. Tutus are just too cute! You did a great job on yours. How much does tulle cost per yard?

Kirsten said...

At the Joann's in Spanish Fork and Orem it was 1.29 a yard for the regular and 1.99 a yard for the shimmery kind.

Mical said...

OMGosh! They are so cute. What a fun idea. Thanks for sharing!!

knitaholic310 said...

I am totally going to make one for Emma. That is so supercute!

Robyn said...

I just went to Joann's and they had the $1.29 tulle on sale for $.90 per yard (30% off). I bought eight yards, but now I'm thinking I should have cleaned them out.

Mical said...

Seriously! I have my 40% off coupon on my counter waiting to go...hopefully this weekend.