Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crappy day

Ugh, it was just one of those days. I just want to vent.

Kendall was throwing fits ALL day long and I was having a really hard time keeping my patience with her. Patty got mud on her feet and ran away from me, IN THE HOUSE for 5 minutes while I yelled at her. I drove way out of my way to the Provo library and they were closed, that's what started the tantrums from Kendall, so we went to the Springville library. We weren't there long because Kendall had a melt down because her boots were too big? Whatever the crap that means. My house was messy and that stressed me out, I managed to get it kind of cleaned. I was working on dinner while holding Gage and he pushed a jar of salsa off the counter and it shattered on the floor. That took forever to clean up and Dave still wasn't home so I had to do that while holding Gage cause I didn't want him to crawl in there. While we were eating guys from church came over. Did I mention the messy house? How about the fact that I haven't showered, am not wearing a bra and have boogers on the pajamas I've been wearing all day? Not really wanting people to see me. Right now Gage is crying in his crib, sorry mom.

Okay I started the post just after I put Kendall in the bath and she called me in there to show me that she had sharted in the water. Excellent. We don't have enough hot water to refill the tub so no bath for her tonight. At least Gage is quiet and the church guys left so I can go downstairs and clean. Woo hoo.

I'm so glad I checked out Twilight from the library so I have that to look forward to before bed. I love the couple hours after the kids go down and before I go to sleep. Is that bad?

8 comments:

Katy said...

Sorry you had a bad day. We also had a tantrum-filled day, but without all the other cruddy stuff. Hope tomorrow goes better.

Stephanie said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a day you had. Sorry to say I was laughing out loud as I was reading. The sharted thing just put me over the edge. You're probably sleeping dreaming of Edward. Sleep well.

Kirsten said...

Well this morning is going much better. We don't have anywhere to be so we're going to have a nice day at home where I'll read and daydream of sexy vampires.

Grammy A said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day too, sweetie. I'm sorry that the kids had a bad day. Well... at least Kendall. When the kids are particularly whiny, have frequent meltdowns, and crankier than usual... I always assume they're tired or getting sick. I know that doesn't help ease your frustration, but I just assume there's always an explanation for their behavior. So... how long did Gage cry in his bed? No... don't tell me. I hope today is better. Even though we won't be there... if you want to come over to our house and hang out, you're welcome to do it. It would be a change of scenery, anyway. The toys are all in the closet where I hang up the coats. ILY mom

knitaholic310 said...

Kirsten! What a horrible day. I have had many of them same. I hope you wrote about it in your journal. It is okay to let the kids be by themselves. It teaches them independence. (Sorry April, but it has to be done with little kids sometimes for everyone's sanity.) I wish I had a dollar for every time my kids pooped in the tub. I would have a week's worth of grocery money at least. It is days like the one you had that make me (yes, I know I have a choice) eat a whole pint of Ben and Jerry's by myself.

Thomas Family said...

Wow. It probably won't make you feel any better to hear this, but it is good to know I'm not the only one that has days like that. :) The good thing is you know it can't be that bad tomorrow.

Kirsten said...

It actually is good to hear that other families have days like that. Today was better, another trip to the library but no tantrums. Gage did get into the toilet after Kendall had number oned in it and not flushed. That was disgusting. He had two baby spoons, wet sleeves, and wet toilet paper on his wet chin. He went straight into a long soapy bath. Otherwise, though, it was way less stressful. The kids both went down without a fuss and Gage took three naps which was sweet.

Grammy A said...

I know moms need some space from their kids sometimes when the kids are driving you nuts. It's not like I never had those moments when I had young children. You won't understand how I feel until you become a grandmother. The sound of my grandchildren crying or in any kind of pain or sadness KILLS me! It breaks my heart! I don't know why it's different for our grandchildren than it was for our own children... but it is. Most of the other grandmothers I know feel the same way!