Monday, January 28, 2008

Turkey Burgers


So as I mentioned to Stephanie, I am eating turkey and chicken again because I don't want my kids to be picky so I need to be less picky. 
I made turkey burgers last night. Everyone liked them! Emma didn't complain for once and Ian ate two (that is one more than I ate). I looked at a couple different turkey burger recipes, but ended up winging it because I didn't have some of the ingredients required by the recipes. The only thing is that the burgers turned out white instead of tannish. I think this is because I used 99% fat free ground turkey breast instead of 93% fat. One of the recipes I looked at recommended using the 93% fat ground turkey because it makes for a juicier patty. Ours were still juicy because I used a George Foreman grill to cook them on. I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but we ate them all.
I snuck some zucchini and onion in and you couldn't even see or feel them. For once, Emma did not spend 1/2 an hour picking out onions, gagging or whining. It was just a really nice and happy Sunday dinner. Ahhhhhhh!
Turkey Burgers 
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey (93% or 99% fat free)
1/4 c fine bread crumbs
1 egg
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 c grated onion
1/4 c zucchini puree
1 t A-1 sauce
1/4 c yellow mustard
1/2 t salt
1/4 t white pepper
1 clove garlic crushed
Mix it all together and form into 8 patties. Cook on George Foreman grill for about 5-6 minutes. Put them on a plate and cover the plate with a bowl or pan lid until ready to serve or else they will dry out from all the steam escaping. Serve on whole wheat buns if you can find them (they don't sell them at our grocery store) with lettuce and tomato.

4 comments:

Katy said...

Those sound yummy. I have some turkey meat in my freezer, so I'll have to try them soon.

Stephanie said...

I love turkey burgers! Also, I love the hair. Are you wearing a tank top?????

knitaholic310 said...

Ha ha, no I am wearing one of those under teeshirt things. That picture is from my 27th or 28th birthday. I can't remember which but it was in England. My hair is short (and at the moment straight). I kind of miss my long hair:(

Grammy A said...

Okay... you're going to have to send a picture of you in straight hair!