Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Daughter's Locks of Love Haircut

So my daughter's friend from her first grade class got her haircut and donated her hair to locks of love. (See the website to find out more http://locksoflove.org/)

Emma thought it was such a neat idea to give your hair to someone who didn't have any, due to illness, that she wanted to get a haircut and donate her hair. She thought that she would get to see it made into a wig on the spot and was only slightly disappointed when that didn't happen. 

My husband cut my hair a month ago and I wish I had thought to donate it because he probably cut off about a foot of hair. LOL requires at least 10 inches to donate. Maybe I will grow my hair out and donate too. That should only take me about a year or two.

Anyway, we are all really proud of her for wanting to help others. I think it is never too early to teach kids about service and thinking about the wants and needs of other people. 

I think her hair looks really cute too. She says it is spunky and couldn't wait to show her teacher and friends her new haircut.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

What a swee sweet girl!! I bet she looks ADORABLE!! I can't wait to see pictures. Tell her that I am very proud of her for helping someone like that.

Kirsten said...

SWEET girl is what I meant to type.

Stephanie said...

Are you going to post a picture? Please let sweet Emma know that we are very proud of her. She is a great example to us all.

knitaholic310 said...

I've tried posting pictures of her hair a bunch of times, but it has not worked! I will just email them to you.

Stephanie said...

I didn't get anything?

Stephanie said...

Don't forget to email the cute pics of Emma:-)

Stephanie said...

Don't forget to email the cute pics of Emma:-)