Monday, February 4, 2008

Biting Dilemma

I hope this isn't too personal for any of you, but I have a bit of a problem. So my little Ellie is 11 months and I am still nursing her. I love nursing and would like to keep it up for a little while longer. The problem is that Ellie has started biting me when she finishes each side. It hurts like crazy and makes me so I tense through out the whole feeding! I have told her no, and gently tapped her cheek, but the biting continues. Any thoughts, ideas, insights?

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Oh no!! I know how badly that hurts! I don't have any advice, just sympathy. I hope she stops soon.

knitaholic310 said...

When she bites, plug her nose. She will have to open her mouth to breathe. I had to do this with my daughter Emma. I nursed her until she was 14 months old. I actually had to go away for a weekend to get her to stop nursing because she would never take a bottle.

Stephanie said...

Ouchy ouchy ouchy!!!! I think some kids are just bitters. Maybe she is trying to tell you she is done with booby, either that or maybe she's just hungrier then you think she is. I would try giving her some food BEFORE you nurse her and see what happens. Hang in there though. Hopefully this is just a phase she's going through.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

Thanks for the ideas girls. I will try them out and see what happens. This advice came at the perfect time, I have been so frustrated!!!!

Thomas Family said...

Both my last two kids started doing that right before they basically went on a nursing strike. She might just be ready to stop nursing.