Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Turkey Meatloaf

Here is a meal that can be frozen. Don't be scared by the word "meatloaf," this is actually one of my favorite recipes. It is yummy and healthy.

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 eggs
1 cup salsa
3/4 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 pkg. Knorr Vegetable Soup mix
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large mixing bowl, combine everything but ketchup. Press mixture into 9 x 5" loaf pan and spread ketchup over top. Bake in preheated oven until meatloaf is no longer pink and the center and juice is clear, about 60 minutes.

4 comments:

Chelsea Anne said...

I am a huge meatloaf fan, but not a turkey fan. Do you think this will work with ground beef?

Katy said...

I think beef is usually a bit juicier than turkey, so you might have to tweak the recipe a little.

Mical said...

Awesome! I think we have a girl making meatloaf already this month...but I will definatley use this one next month. Thanks for your help/research. I am feeling much better about this venture now.

knitaholic310 said...

I think you can use lean ground sirloin in exchange for turkey without having to allow for the extra fat/blood/juiciness of ground beef, but it is more expensive and I think you might have to go to the meat counter to get it.