Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yummy Homemade Oreos

I tried this recipe today for dessert tomorrow night. They turned out really good, so I thought I would share the recipe. The recipe I had made too many for my family, so I altered it a bit. It makes 16-18 sandwiches.

1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix (not with pudding in the mix)
3/4 c. butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix dough. Roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 min. (They will almost look under done; thats okay, you want them chewy, not crunchy). Cool and fill with:

4 oz. cream cheese
1/4 c. butter
1/2 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cream first two ingredients; then add the others. Dab a little in between 2 cookies. Refrigerate.

I also wanted to pose a question. I just joined a make-a-head meal group. I need to find a recipe that I could make, as my contribution, that freezes well and that I could throw right from my freezer to the oven. Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Katy said...

Those cookies sound yummy. In the Everyday Food cookbooks (Martha Stewart) I think there is a "Freeze it" recipe in each issue. I am Utah, without my cookbooks, but when I get back to Vegas I'll take a look for any that sound good.

Thomas Family said...

I LOVE these! Thanks for the recipe!