Thursday, February 7, 2008

Highlight of my day

Lily and I have a little routine when she wakes up in the morning and again after her nap. She sleeps upstairs and after I get her out of her crib, she either sits on my lap or gets on my back holding tight around my neck, and we slide down the stairs on my bum. We count each step and then she slides down my legs when we get to the bottom. Today she was hanging on my back with her soft little arms around my neck and her cheek pressed against mine. I couldn't see her face, but I know she was smiling and I realized how much I love our stair sliding ritual. Maybe it was Tara's post about enjoying and being grateful for what we have, but it made me think about how much joy these small and simple activities can bring us.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Oh so cute. I know what you mean about loving those little moments. I love when Kendall wakes up and walks down the stairs holding her bear and looking all thrashed. She usually runs and hides and peaks around the couch or wall and smiles at me. It's so cute.

And I give Gage big kisess, lay him in his crib and then play peak-a-boo with him before he goes to sleep. He always smiles and laughs.

We're very lucky.