Sunday, February 10, 2008

Taco Casserole

Collin made Taco Casserole light night and I know probably most of you have had it or think it doesn't sound good, but it was really good. AND . . . my 8 year old boy who is super picky and hates tomatoes, olives and beans ate it. Once at dinner last night and again as lunch today. I think it is kind of funny that all the recipes I have put on this blog have been ones my husband has made. Here is Collin's recipe that he modified from a few recipes given to him by his mom:

Taco Casserole

1 1/2  lbs. ground turkey
1 packet Taco Seasoning (check for msg, most brands have msg in them)
1 1/2 c tomato sauce (Collin made his own) or canned tomatoes
1 c corn, canned or frozen
2 small packets of Fritos, divided
1-1 1/2 c shredded cheddar, divided
1 can white kidney beans (drained)
1 small can black olives, drained
1 small can chopped green chilies, drained

Brown turkey and add packet of Taco seasoning (following directions for adding water). Add everything else (reserve about half of the cheese and chips to put on top) and mix to combine. Spread out in a casserole or 9x13" pan and sprinkle with remaining chips and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve with Tostitos Mulitgrain chips.

3 comments:

Mical said...

Wow, Collin cooks? How did I not know that. How lucky for you. If Ryan ever cooked we would eat egg sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Mical said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
knitaholic310 said...

Mical! I didn't know you were on here! I am so excited. How have you guys been? Do you and Katy hang out a lot? I am jealous that she lives close to you guys.